The World Organisation Against Torture (OMCT) is the largest global group actively standing up to torture and other ill-treatment in more than 90 countries. It works with 200 member organisations, which constitute its SOS-Torture Network, to end torture and ill-treatment, provide direct assistance to victims, fight impunity and protect human rights defenders worldwide. Its headquarters are based in Geneva, with offices in Brussels and Tunis.
The OMCT is looking for a dynamic Communications Intern, full or part time, for a duration of 4-6 months starting on 15 June 2023, to assist its small and highly motivated Communications team. The position is based in Geneva.
The Communications Intern will assist with a variety of communications tasks across a range of channels. S/he will report to the Digital Communications Manager and later on to the new Communications Director to raise the profile of the OMCT as well as that of its 200-member global SOS-Torture Network.
- Support planning, producing and tracking of internal and external communications materials and campaigns
- Day-to-day assistance with content creation for social media accounts including
- Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and the website
- Update the website with approved content in French/English/Spanish
- Assist with the development of targeted media lists
- Compile data and prepare bimonthly digital communications and media visibility newsletter
- Assist the communications team in the organisation of internal communications tools and database
- Assist with communications trainings and other ad hoc events
- Assist with the preparation of news conferences and media outreach for the launch of reports
- Must be currently enrolled in full or part-time studies (communications, international relations, events management, or other related field)
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to grasp ideas quickly, propose solutions as well as work on projects autonomously
- Motivation to learn and resourceful attitude
- Strong writing and editing skills in English and French; Spanish an asset
- Digitally savvy, with knowledge of CMS, Canva, video editing and graphic design tools
- Interest in international relations and human rights
- Capacity to work in a fast-paced and intense environment
Remuneration: 500 CHF per month
Start date: 15 June 2023
End date: 15 December 2023, depending on intern’s availability
Vacation: pro rata on a basis of 20 days per 12 months, and Geneva official holidays
We’re not taking phone calls. Only applications from candidates based in or around Geneva, and holding a residence permit will be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV, cover letter and two examples of your writing or communications work to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 29 May 2023. The subject line should mention Communications Intern.