The 78th CAT session took place from 30 October to 24 November 2023, during which the Committee reviewed the reports submitted under Article 19 of the Convention Against Torture and Other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment by Burundi, Costa Rica, Denmark, Egypt, Kiribati, and Slovenia.
The OMCT mobilizes and coordinates civil society access to the United Nations Committee against Torture (CAT). During this session, representatives of 32 civil society organisations engaged with the CAT members during NGO private briefings, which take place before the consideration of the States reports. At the end of the session, the CAT published its Concluding Observations for each reviewed State party report.
The Concluding Observations, are now available on the session page.
Read the complete version of the E-Bulletin
- The Committee will review the State Party reports of Austria, Azerbaijan, Honduras, Kuwait, Liechtenstein and North Macedonia.
- The Committee will adopt the List of Issues (LOI) for Albania, Namibia, and Turkmenistan.
- The Committee will adopt the List of Issues Prior to Reporting (LOIPR) for Belgium.
- The deadline for CSO’s submissions for the State report reviews at the 79th session is 18 March 2024.
- The deadline for CSOs submissions for the LOIs and LOIPR is 22 January 2024.
- Written submissions should be sent in Word format to the following e-mail address: email@example.com.