Welcome to our Global Week Against Torture!
Here is what to expect:
- 4 days of debates and workshops on torture and human rights - from 22 to 25 March.
- Sessions in French, English and Spanish and in different time zones, to accomodate our global Network.
- The unique chance to discuss with survivors, lawyers, activists, arnd high profile human rights experts.
- A special opportunity to connect with fellow SOS-Torture Network members from all over the world and build lasting collaborations.
- The occasion to raise the profile of your organisation through our communications labs and the content at your disposal on the platform.
Our SOS-Torture Network
The SOS-Torture Network is at the heart of the OMCT and is the currently the most important global network striving to put an end to torture and protect human rights defenders.
At the outset, in 1985, it was composed of 48 non-governmental organisations (NGOs). Today, its 200 members work in over 90 countries all over the world.
The members are highly diverse in terms of their size, composition, resources and specific modes of action. What they have in common are their commitment to document cases of torture, help victims, seek justice, advocate legal and policy reforms and protect human rights defenders.