The World Organisation Against Torture (OMCT), the largest international coalition of nongovernmental organisations fighting against torture, summary executions, forced disappearances and all other forms of cruel, inhuman and degrading treatment, is currently seeking to recruit ONE INTERN for our child rights program.
Location: International Secretariat of the OMCT, Geneva, Switzerland
Dates and duration: The position should be filled as soon as possible, for a minimum of 3 months. Application date: until 9 September 2016
The internship should start the 15 September 2016.
Please note that internships are not remunerated.
The incumbent will work under the supervision of the Coordinator of the Child Rights Activities and his/her activities will include:
- To carry out research on juvenile justice, children in detention and others.
- To assist with the organisation of field missions.
- To assist the Coordinator with a monitoring project being carried out in Benin, Uruguay and the Philippines to protect children deprived of liberty from torture and ill-treatment.
- To attend meetings and sessions of the United Nations human rights mechanisms;
- Within the larger framework of the OMCT activities: to draft press releases, to translate documents, to attend meetings with partner NGOs, and others.
- University degree in law, international relations, social sciences or related field.
- Good knowledge of the UN procedures and regional mechanisms for the protection of human rights.
- Interest in child rights
- Excellent drafting and editing skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure to deadlines and to adapt to multidisciplinary work in the environment of a multicultural team.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Fluency in oral and written French and English. Knowledge of Spanish will be appreciated.
Applications for this position should be sent (by email only) to Carolina Bárbara at firstname.lastname@example.org. For consideration, please send a cover letter and a résumé, indicating “STAGE “ as your message Subject. Only shortlisted candidates will be considered.
For more information about the OMCT, please visit our website: www.omct.org